The Instrument Control Toolbox™ lets you communicate with instruments, such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and analytical instruments, directly from MATLAB®. With the toolbox, you can generate data in MATLAB to send out to an instrument, or read data into MATLAB for analysis and visualization.
The toolbox provides a consistent interface to all devices independent of hardware manufacturer, protocol, or driver. The toolbox supports IVI, VXIplug&play, and MATLAB instrument drivers. Support is also provided for GPIB, VISA, TCP/IP, and UDP communication protocols.
- Instrument driver support for IVI, VXIplug&play, and MATLAB instrument drivers
- Support for GPIB and VISA standard protocols (GPIB, GPIB-VXI, VXI, USB, TCP/IP, serial)
- Support for networked instruments using the TCP/IP and UDP protocols
- Simulink blocks for sending and receiving live data between instruments and Simulink models
- Graphical user interface for identifying, configuring, and communicating with instruments
- Hardware availability, management, and configuration tools
- Instrument driver development and testing tools
- Functions for reading and writing binary and text (ASCII) data
- Synchronous and asynchronous (blocking and nonblocking) read-and-write operations
- Event handling for time-out, bytes read, data written, and other events
- Recording of data transferred to and from instruments