Physics Department, Sofia University
5 James Bourchier Str
359 (2) 8161 741
Click here to visit Web Site
Ivan Biography includes:Education and Employment
- 1975-1980 M.Sc., Sofia University, Department of Physics, Sofia, Bulgaria;
- Major: Physics, Minor: Quantum Electronics
- 1980-1983 Physicist, Research Scientist, Institute of Optics, Sofia.
- 1983-1987 Ph.D. studies, Department of Physics, Sofia University; Ph.D. thesis
- devoted to processes of generation and propagation of femtosecond
- optical pulses, and Raman scattering. Ph.D. degree of April 1987.
- 1987-1990 Institute of laser Physics, Sofia University, Research Scientist and project
- 1991-1992 Visiting Scientist at Max-Planck-Institut for Quantum Optics, Garching,
- Germany, with an Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship
- 1993-2000 Associate Professor at the Physics Department, Sofia University, and
- Director of the Institute of Laser Physics.
- 1994 Visiting Scientist (during summers), WSU-Pullman, USA; CUOS-Ann through Arbor; JILA, University of Colorado at Boulder.
- 2001- Dr.habil, Physics Dept, Sofia University
- 2003- Professor, Physics Dept, Sofia University
- Fellow of the Optical Society of America Alexander von Humboldt Fellow
- Lectures on “Wave and quantum optics”, “Photonic structures”, and “Physics of high-power optical fields”.
- Publications: 86 papers in scientific journals, 2 review articles.
- Reviewer of Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. A, Optics Letters, Opt. Commun, Opt. Express, JOSA B.
- Coordinator for Bulgaria within the “Extreme Light Infrastrucuture” project.
- Correlated electron dynamics via time-dependent quantum Monte Carlo. Generation of high harmonics and isolated attosecond X-ray pulses. Amplification of single attosecond pulses via quasi-phase matching. Nonlinear optics and coherent control in the femto-attosecond domain. Spatio-temporal and self-organisation effects in self-mode locked lasers.