Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
31 Caroline St
1 (519) 569-7600
Click here to visit Web Site
Lucien Hardy received his PhD at Durham University in 1992 under the supervision of Professor Euan J Squires. He has held research and lecturing positions in various cities across Europe. While in Rome Lucien collaborated on an experiment to demonstrate quantum teleportation. In 1992 he found a very simple proof of non-locality in quantum theory which has become known as Hardy?s theorem.
University of Waterloo
He is working on operational approaches to quantum theory and quantum gravity. Specifically he is developing an operational framework in which it is hoped that quantum theory, probabilistic general relativity, and ultimately quantum gravity can be formulated. This builds on earlier work providing simple set of postulates for quantum theory within the context of an more basic operational framework.
- 1997-2002 Royal Society University Research Fellow, University of Oxford
- 1996-1997 Postdoctoral position at La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy.
- 1994-1996 Lecturer in Mathematical Sciences Department, University of Durham, UK
- 1993-1994 Royal Society postdoctoral fellow at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
- 1992-1993 Lecturer in Mathematical Physics, Maynooth College, The National University of Ireland.